Yes, a buyer can cancel an order on Fiverr after accepting delivery. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- The buyer must have a valid reason for cancellation. Fiverr does not allow buyers to cancel orders simply because they are not happy with the work. The buyer must be able to provide a valid reason for cancellation, such as that the work was not completed to their specifications or that the seller did not deliver on their promises.
- The buyer must request cancellation within 48 hours of delivery. If the buyer does not request cancellation within 48 hours of delivery, they will not be eligible for a refund.
- The seller has the right to refuse cancellation. If the seller believes that the buyer is abusing the cancellation policy, they have the right to refuse cancellation.
If a buyer cancels an order, the seller will not be paid for the work. The seller will also have a cancellation mark on their profile, which can hurt their future sales.
To avoid cancellations, it is important for sellers to:
- Be clear about their terms of service. Sellers should make it clear in their terms of service that they do not offer refunds for work that has been completed to specifications.
- Communicate with buyers throughout the project. This will help to ensure that the buyer is happy with the work and that there are no surprises at the end of the project.
- Provide excellent customer service. If a buyer does have a problem with the work, be willing to work with them to resolve the issue.
By following these tips, sellers can help to reduce the chances of cancellations and protect their income.
What to do if a buyer cancels an order after accepting delivery
If a buyer cancels an order after accepting the delivery, there are a few things you can do:
- Contact the buyer and try to understand why they are canceling. Once you know the reason for the cancellation, you can try to resolve the issue.
- If the buyer is willing to work with you, try to make them happy. This may involve offering a refund, redoing the work, or providing other compensation.
- If the buyer is not willing to work with you, you can contact Fiverr customer support. Fiverr may be able to help you resolve the issue.
How to prevent cancellations
The best way to prevent cancellations is to provide excellent customer service. This means being responsive to buyer inquiries, communicating clearly about your work, and delivering high-quality work on time.
You should also make sure that your terms of service are clear and fair. Your terms of service should state that you do not offer refunds for work that has been completed to specifications.
By following these tips, you can help to reduce the chances of cancellations and protect your income.