A source file on Fiverr is an editable version of the creative product you purchased from Fiverr. It is typically provided in its native format, which allows you to make changes and updates yourself as needed without having to start from scratch.
For example, if you order a logo from a Fiverr seller, you will typically receive a .jpg or .png file as the final product. However, if the seller also offers source files, you will receive the original .ai or .eps file, which can be opened and edited in Adobe Illustrator. This allows you to make changes to the logo’s colors, fonts, or other aspects without having to hire the seller again.
Source files are not always available for every gig on Fiverr. However, they are often offered as an extra for a small fee. If you are planning to make any changes to the final product, it is a good idea to purchase the source files. This will save you time and money in the long run.
Here are some of the benefits of using source files:
- You can make changes to the final product yourself. This can save you time and money, as you won’t have to hire the seller again to make changes.
- You can customize the final product to your specific needs. For example, if you order a logo, you can change the colors, fonts, or other aspects to match your brand.
- You can use the source files for other projects. For example, if you order a graphic design, you can use the source files to create other marketing materials, such as flyers or brochures.
If you are considering hiring a seller on Fiverr, be sure to ask if they offer source files. This can be a valuable asset, especially if you plan to make any changes to the final product.
Here are some of the most common file types that are used as source files on Fiverr:
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai): This file type is used for vector graphics, which can be scaled to any size without losing quality.
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd): This file type is used for raster graphics, which are made up of pixels.
- Microsoft Word (.docx): This file type is used for documents.
- HTML (.html): This file type is used for web pages.
- PHP (.php): This file type is used for web applications.
If you are not sure what file type a source file is, you can ask the seller for clarification.